Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tune in Tuesday {14} - Soundtrack Edition!





Tune in Tuesday is one of my favorite features! It's hosted by Ginger at GReads! and helps bring attention to new and/or old songs or artists. Music makes my little world go round, and I love sharing what I like and finding new music through this feature. In her tradition of general awesomeness, Ginger has made October's theme Soundtrack Edition! This week's pick:


"Defying Gravity" from Wicked
Performed by Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth
(This is a performance from the 2004 Tony Awards and there's a little intro in the beginning. Just a warning in case you want to skip that part.)

 
I couldn't let the Soundtrack Edition pass without including this song. I love musical theater and this is one of my very favorite songs. I would love to have seen these two in Wicked. This is one of my favorite songs to blast in my car and pretend I'm a Broadway star. Did I mention I'm always alone in the car when I do this? I get chill bumps whenever I watch a video of this song being performed. Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. That is a good pick! Would love to see one live one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this performance when Wicked came to Houston a few years ago. It was amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing performance when I saw it live

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the book but I've never seen the musical. I hear it's different. Great choice and performance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I really want to go see Wicked live; it would be amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This song is fantastic! I absolutely love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. My sister LOVES Wicked. I'm so glad I'm not the only one in my family in love with musicals. :) Thanks for sharing!

    My Tune in Tuesday pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, and please leave a comment! We love comments! Did we mention how nice you look today?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...