Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tune in Tuesday {15} - Soundtrack Edition!

Tune in Tuesday is one of my favorite features! It's hosted by Ginger at GReads! and helps bring attention to new and/or old songs or artists. Music makes my little world go round, and I love sharing what I like and finding new music through this feature. In her tradition of general awesomeness, Ginger has made October's theme Soundtrack Edition! This week's pick:

"Muppet Show Theme Song" by OK Go and the Muppets
One thing about me that y'all don't know yet is that I love the Muppets. I have since I was little and my love has only grown as I've gotten older. I have The Muppet Show on DVD, as well as the movies. I'm beyond stoked for the new movie coming out next month! I grabbed soundtrack a little over a month ago and it's been in my car's CD player ever since. It's come in especially handy when I've had bad days. For those of you who don't know, The Green Album is a compilation of classic Muppet songs performed by different groups, like OK Go, Weezer, and Alkaline Trio. Matt Nathanson is another one on the album. Each song has a new twist, but at the heart, the spirit of the Muppets is still there. This video of the Theme Song is beyond adorable! It also made me think I need to check out OK Go's other music. 

Enjoy the song and I hope it takes you on a delightful trip down memory lane!

3 comments:

  1. Love this song. Can't wait for the movie. Will have to check out soundtrack. I LOVE Weezer! And ok go is pretty great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! I love the Muppets! And I love OK Go! They are a fun live band. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved this album, from the first to the last songs they all carried that sense of familiarity while adding something new and amazing to the mix. I purchased this album and listened to it probably six times through in one sitting and never felt any less enjoyment from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, and please leave a comment! We love comments! Did we mention how nice you look today?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...