Tuesday, January 3, 2012

John Green Week: Jan. 3rd - 10th {Day One}

Happy John Green Week!! 

John Green Week is being hosted by an awesome group of bloggers and runs from January 3rd through 10th, which is also the day his latest book, The Fault in Our Stars, is being released. This is a week dedicated to celebrating the awesome that is John Green. In addition to sharing my love for John Green and his books with you, I will also be reading Will Grayson/Will Grayson, which is the only book of his that I have not read.

First, a thank you to all the blogs hosting John Green Week:

Britney and Farrah - (I Eat Words)

Ginger - (GReads Books)
Priscilla (The Readables)

I was introduced to John Green in 2008. Before I had read any of his books, I had made my way through at least half of the Vlogbrothers videos. For those of you who don't know, in 2007 John and his brother, Hank, decided to go one year without any textual communication. No texts, e-mails, Skype chats, etc. Instead, they started making daily YouTube videos in a project they called Brotherhood 2.0. This not only brought them closer as brothers, but created a massive community of people dedicated to decreasing world suck. These people are called Nerdfighters, and I'm proud to count myself among them. 

One of my favorite things about John Green is his ability to make me laugh. He's also brilliant and poignant, but he's brightened many a dreary day for me, and decreased my own personal world suck, by being hilarious.  I thought I would share a couple of my favorite funny John Green videos with you today. I'm sure I will share more videos with you this week, but this felt like a good place to start. I'm going to start with one of his most recent videos that had me laughing my butt off.



During the first year of the Vlogbrothers, John and Hank agreed to post videos on alternating days (except for Sunday) with the agreement that if one missed a day, a punishment was to be issued. This video is one of my favorite John Green punishments.



This next video isn't necessarily one that made me roll on the floor with laughter, but I love it and think it's brilliant. How Nerdfighters Drop Insults.


Don't forget to stop by I Eat Words, or any of the hosting blogs, and check out all the blogs participating in John Green Week! And leave a comment to let me know you were here!

1 comment:

  1. Love revisiting these videos. John Green definitely decreases my personal world suck, too. Thanks so much for participating in John Green week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, and please leave a comment! We love comments! Did we mention how nice you look today?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...